Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Party Pies 2014



My husband and I started throwing an Austrian Christmas Party for much of neighborhood a few years ago. I can't very well host a party without a good helping of pie. This year's pies were two Chocolate Pudding Pies (omit coffee ingredients and use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch) and two Austrian Apple Pies (of 2012 Takoma Park Apple Pie Contest fame). Nearly all of the Chocolate Pudding Pie was scoffed up, but the Austrian Apple Pies were hardly dented (maybe 1/2 of a pie was eaten). I guess savory pies aren't big crowd-pleasers. Oh well. I'll make something else next year. The Chocolate Pudding Pies might have to become an annual staple of the party though. Not to mention that I carefully hid the leftover 1/4 of Chocolate Pudding Pie in the refrigerator. And ate it all. Myself.

Current Pie Tally: 157

No comments: