Thursday, July 20, 2017

Memorial Day 2017 S'mores Pie



Apologies again for the delayed posting. Now that all of the end-of-school off-on-vacation hoopla is done for a bit, I can play catch-up. This S'mores Pie is the result of neighborhood requests for what would appear at this year's Memorial Day Block Party. I had to borrow a kitchen torch and everything (my first time using one!). It was a big deal. I used my tried-and-true graham cracker crust. Then I poured in a double batch of chocolate ganache. Then I mixed a bunch of marshmallows with some more graham cracker crust crumbles, dumped it in the ganached crust, and flamed the top heartily. It was good, but it would have been better if the marshmallows on top could have been toasted over a campfire first. Alas, not within the realm of possibility.

Current Pie Tally: 223

1 comment:

Angela said...

maybe fluff or a homemade marshmallow next time?