Monday, October 15, 2018

Apple Crumb Pie with the Landlords



I did it! I moved temporarily to Boston and figured out how to make great pie here too! I am thanking my lucky stars that I have another gas oven to work with here. Cheers to supreme even baking! It looks like I brought enough of my essential pie gear with me: apron, rolling mat, pie weights, crust guard, 2 pie dishes, and a Tupperware container that can house an entire pie. As I mentioned in the last post, I also borrowed my mom's food processor (which works better than the one I left in MD so I will likely have a hard time giving it back) and I have been having a high time using full wine bottles to roll out my crust. This Apple Crumb Pie crust was rolled out by a nice bottle of Australian Shiraz and was shared with our lovely landlords upstairs.

Current Pie Tally: 245

No comments: