Monday, April 30, 2012

Chocolate Pudding Pie

I made this pie as a belated birthday present to myself, in hopes of raising the bar from last year's birthday pie attempt. I definitely succeeded. Where last year's pie was dense and dry, this one is sumptuously gooey and fabulous. This is my first go-round with a graham cracker crust. I have to say, I like how easy it is. Throw graham crackers in a the food processor, add some melted butter, and press into a pie dish. Bake for a few minutes and done. Add your puddingy custardy goodness and let it chill. It's nice to not have the oven blasting away for an hour for a change. When you throw some fresh whipped cream on top, it really is pure chocolate awesome. It's almost like S'mores. Hmmm, maybe I could jazz up the whipped topping with some marshmallow. Recipe can be found here. I used regular graham crackers instead of chocolate, arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch, and didn't add any of the espresso to the whipped cream.

Current Pie Tally: 77

No comments: