Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Thanks for Babysitting" Pie


This Cherry Blackberry Pie was a "thank you" for my mom. She watched my son for a week, so my husband and I could go gallivanting around Europe. It tasted like summer and fulfilled all of my expectations. I even got to try out mom's new food processor, which made me a touch jealous. I think it's nicer than my own - larger capacity and very strong motor. Without further ado, here is the recipe:

Cherry Blackberry Pie

ingredients:
pastry dough sufficient for two pie crusts
1 large bag of cherries, pitted and halved
2 pints of blackberries
1 cup sugar
1/4 c. quick-cooking tapioca

Mix all the filling in a large bowl. Squish it up with your hands to get the cherry-berry juices flowing. Roll out bottom crust and place in pie dish. Pour filling in. Roll out upper crust, place on top, cut vent, and crimp to seal edges. Bake at 425F for 25 min, then reduce heat to 350F and bake for another 50-60 min, until crust is golden and fruit goo starts splashing out of the crust vent.

Current Pie Tally: 92

No comments: