Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Another Two-Fer



I promised to make a pie for the monthly neighborhood book club gathering last night and had everything I needed on hand to make Pumpkin Pie. So I made two! I left the extra one at home for my husband to enjoy. I'll let you in on a little secret with these pies. They're actually Butternut Squash Pies. I may have used butternut squash in my pumpkin pie before, but I can't remember. At any rate, the German word for "butternut squash" is "Kuerbis". "Kuerbis" is in fact the same word used for any old pumpkin, so I figured butternut squash would work in the pie. I couldn't tell the difference, and I like to think I have a discerning palate. I shall definitely do this again, especially if butternut squash is more readily available and/or cheaper. Recipe can be found here.

Current Pie Tally: 126

No comments: