Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Double Duty Strawberry Rhubarb Pies



One for the Book Club and one for the father-in-law. I ate some of both! They came out great. I'm coming off a hat-trick of superb crusts on these beauties. The past three have all teetered on the edge of total and complete crumbleation. Instead of the big FAIL though, I managed to put everything right with a few barely-held-together hobo patch jobs. I'm feeling good. I'm so "in the zone." Strawberry Rhubarb recipe can be found here. I used my own crust recipe, cornstarch instead of arrowroot, didn't do any of that eggyolk glazing bullhonkey, and baked at 425F for 25 min, then reduced to 350F for 40-50 minutes more. There should be pie goo splashing all over at the end. That's how you know it's done.

Current Pie Tally: 170

No comments: