Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Shedfest 2018 Rhubarb Custard and Berry Pies



And we are up to date again (I think)! These two fruity mamas, Rhubarb Custard Pie and Mixed Berry Pie, are from a super fun block party last weekend. Thankfully, I managed to get myself over to the dessert table while there was still a couple scraps in the Rhubarb Custard Pie dish. Tasty as always! Strangers even came up and asked me for the recipe ;-). Hope you found your way here without too much trouble, Sarah! Oh and a note about the Rhubarb Custard cooking time: I have found that 45 minutes at 400F is perfect for when I make this pie in my red starburst dish. Any 9" or 10" heavy pottery or ceramic dish should work equally well. The Mixed Berry Pie used strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries and did not have a splash of vanilla this time.

Current Pie Tally: 241

No comments: