Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chocolate Pecan Pie



It's been cold, I needed a break from apples, and I wanted to do something different to celebrate my first 100 pies - hence this Chocolate Pecan Pie. I found a Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe from a Washington Post pie contest online, and it was just what I was looking for to give my pecan pie a nice chocolate zip. I didn't use the Post recipe, however. I merely added 1 cup of chocolate chips to my tried-and-true Pecan Pie recipe. I can see some bourbon-soaked pecans and dark chocolate popping up in future versions. I also think I'll omit the orange zest the next time around. It betrays the decadent nature of the pie. We don't need any fruity fresh, just as much chocolately nutty sweet as we can stomach.

Current Pie Tally: 101

No comments: