Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Savory Austrian Apple Pie, Take 2



I made another Savory Austrian Apple Pie while basking in the glory of my win during the week following the pie contest. While developing the recipe, I relied heavily on a tart recipe in a German cookbook that I received as a gift. After Americanizing many of the metric measurements of the ingredients, I realized the purchasable American quantities would yield enough of the good stuff for two pies. Since most of the first one went to charity, it seemed like a good idea to have plans for another one intended for personal consumption. I took this one on a picnic to Frying Pan Park in Herndon, VA, where it was enjoyed with a good friend. The leftovers were eaten for breakfast at Matthews Arm Campground in the Blue Ridge Mountains. For the recipe, view my recent pie contest post. Oh boy, I'm on the cusp of my 100th pie!

Current Pie Tally: 99

No comments: