Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gimme Some Apple Crumb



This pie rectified a severe dessert shortage in my household. My sweet tooth was aching and this one hit the spot. I even had the gall to serve it to dinner guests two days after it was baked. And with this and the second savory pie, I was apple to use up the subpar pie contest crusts that I threw in the freezer for safekeeping. I thought the crusts were great in the savory and crumb pies, so maybe they just needed to chill out for a while. Ha ha. Happy Hundreth Pie to me! For the Apple Crumb Pie recipe, click here (don't forget to read my substitutions). To celebrate, I think I shall try something new and different - perhaps a pecan pie with chocolate chips that I recently read about.

Current Pie Tally: 100

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Congratulations! 100 pies! The savory winning pie sounds wonderful and I will plan to try that this fall. I so love apple pie with cheese and this sounds like a delectable combination.

It does seem like you'll hit 1,000 pies in your lifetime :) I keep up with your progress though I rarely comment. Just know there are those cheering on the silent pie-loving sidelines.