Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Good Pie Makes a Good Neighbor Vinegar Chess Pie



I sent some neighbor friends home with some of my Chocolate Pudding Pie after a playdate with my older son and they reciprocated! A few days later I got my pie container back with a slice of Crack Pie from the Momofuku Milk Bar at Metro Center in DC. It was sensational and reminded me that I really should make a Vinegar Chess Pie sometime soon to fill out my winter pie docket. I also wanted to make a pie to welcome my mother for one of her visits, this one a much-needed break from moving into a new house for her. The Crack Pie is better, but much more futzy than quickly cranking out a simple Vinegar Chess. Still I might have to make it sometime because it was soooo good. It had a caramel-like depth too it. I'm drooling just thinking about it again.

Current Pie Tally: 192

No comments: